Did you know, Entropy Emma has moved to its very own website? Check it out: Entropyemma.com!
This is future Emma.
And this is my blog. After deciding that the Rat Race is no longer for me I’m talking myself on a real time journey to reaching my full potential in the hope it might inspire others to reach theirs too. Join me for a bit of humour, successes and mega fails!
If there is one thing that is certain it’s that every second that goes by entropy increases, the universe will continue to become more disorderly as time only travels in one direction; its not possible to unscramble an egg.
My five life goals are to be the best person I can be in the following areas:
- Financial Freedom
2018 Goal Specifics:
These are the specific goals I have for 2018, the promises am I going to make to myself, to future Emma.
By the end of 2018 I will.. have removed anchors; anything that is holding me back. Relationships, belongings, beliefs.
- Have moved house, to a nicer area that is larger and closer to my family and transport links.
- Have decluttered my entire house, leaving only the things that I love or need.
- Be spending less time engaging in relationships with people who don’t build me up.
2. Financial freedom:
By the end of 2018 I will.. not need to work full time, allowing me the opportunity to pursue other goals.
- I will have set up passive income streams that bring in a cash flow equivalent to my current wages. I will be able to manage these streams in less time than my current full time employment, aspiration is 2 days a week.
- I will have set up the infrastructure for a scalable business idea to be implemented in 2019
By the end of 2018 I will.. be spending meaningful time in the company of people I care about.
- I am not distracted by my next appointment or my phone whilst in their company. I am not ‘too busy’ to support people when needed.
- I schedule free weekends that will allow for spontaneous fun.
- I am living my best life, I spend time in activities I enjoy and with people who are like minded, meaning I can attract the type of intimate relationships I want.
By the end of 2018 I will.. have made incremental improvements to my health in a way that is sustainable
- Have tailored my diet to reduce my intake of foods that I have an intolerance to.
- Have built a relationship with a counsellor and be getting longer-term independent support to manage the complex challenges that come about through being a human on this earth. Reminding myself that I am not the finished article, nor should I aspire to be.
- I get fitter every day, as I have the energy and time to take part in the regularity and variety of physical activity that I want.
By the end of 2018 I will.. have continued to grow as a person; I will have not let a day go by without learning something new and have the courage to continuously challenge my core beliefs, assumptions and values, where needed.
- Regularly take part in active learning by seeking to understand things that I do not know, in a wide variety of subjects, there are no boundaries.
- Have read a book a month, either fiction or non-fiction.
- Finished painting the 60 x 40 cm picture that I sketched out during my annual leave. A visual representation of the challenges of life working in a corporate world, entitled: The Career Trap. It will be framed and hung on the wall, in my new house, as a daily reminder in 2019 that I am doing the right thing.